Highlights of 2017
2017 has been another year full of its ups and downs, we lost some greats, and we achieved so much as a black community. We at Blacpire are going to recap and give you our memorable moments this year. (This is a random order).
1. Meghan Markle engaged to Prince Harry.
2. The greatest sprinter the world has ever seen, Usain Bolt gave us his all in his last race at the World Championship in London
3. Mo Farah also said Goodbye to 5000m and 1000m. He was knighted and became Sir Mo Farah as well as Sports Personality of the Year
4. We had the black woman qualify in the Winter Olympic qualifiers. Congrats to Maame Biney and the Nigerian bobsled team
5. Jay-Z released 4:44, an amazing transparent album
6. Tiffany Haddish became the first black comedienne to host SNL
7. Moonlight won Best Movie at The Oscars
8. Serena Williams won the Australian open whilst pregnant. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and got married
9. Girl’s Trip broke box office records and hit the $100 million mark
10. LeBron James called Donald Trump a Bum
11. NFL players took a knee to raise awareness for the injustice towards the black community in America
12. Twitter went crazy when the Black Panther trailer was released
13. Beyoncé gave birth to twins, and slayed her maternity shoot
14. Michael Dapaah blew up, we are proud of him.
15. Mo the comedian’s tour sold out
16. Blacpire launched!