This is a mutual agreement between you, the author of the provided content and BLACPIRE Ltd, the owner of the online magazine Blacpire.com, pertaining content provided by the Author, hereinafter referred to as the “Work”.
The author hereby grants BLACPIRE a non-exclusive, perennial, royalty-free, worldwide right and licence, with rights to sublicence, to distribute, publicly display in any form or medium (electronic or print), reproduce, modify and make derivative works of the Work.
The author acknowledges that the rights granted to BLACPIRE are inclusive of the right to publish the Work on any of the websites and social media platforms within BLACPIRE’s network of online platforms, as well as any future publications associated with BLACPIRE.
Point 3,4 & 5 exclusively apply to when the Work will be originally published by BLACPIRE, not when BLACPIRE requests the right to re-publish the Work.
3. You are granting BLACPIRE the first right to publish the Work in any medium.
4. You are also agreeing to not publish or grant to others the permission to publish the Work for 21 days from the initial publishing of the Work by BLACPIRE.
5. If and when the Work is republished by you - the author or a licensee other than BLACPIRE, you agree to cite BLACPIRE as the first publisher of the Work. If the work is republished online, you agree to include a link to the original Work published by BLACPIRE.
Point 6 is for non BLACPIRE core team writers who submit stories through the ‘Submit A Story’ page.
6. In exchange for the rights granted to BLACPIRE, your name will be cited as the author of your content that is published on the BLACPIRE website, your Twitter username will added to the post when published, unless you oppose to this. You will receive no other form of compensation.
7. You - the author, warrants that you are the sole author of the Work and have all the rights to grant BLACPIRE the above rights to the Work.
8. The Work is original and does not infringe any third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights or rights of publicity and privacy.
9. The work does not include false or defamatory content.
10. You - the author, shall exonerate and hold BLACPIRE invulnerable from and against any and all claims, losses, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, which BLACPIRE may incur as a result of claims by third parties arising from a breach of point 10, by you - the author.
11. The liability of BLACPIRE (including its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) to you the author for any and all kind of claims arising from or relating to this agreement, or BLACPIRE’s use of the Work will not exceed the exchange mentioned in point 6. This limitation forms an essential basis of the agreement between you the author and BLACPIRE.
12. This agreement establishes the whole understanding and agreement between all parties involved. It overrides any and all oral or written agreements, or understandings between the parties, as to the subject matter of this agreement. You - the author agrees to be bound to BLACPIREs’ Terms of Service. If there is a conflict between this agreement and the Terms of Service, for the purposes of this agreement and the Work, the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall control. If any provision of this Agreement shall be found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. This will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.